Spay and Neuter Services
Schedule a Spay/Neuter appointment
Please click on the button below to schedule your pet’s appointment.
A $25 non-refundable deposit is required for Spay/Neuter appointments, payable when you schedule the appointment. You may reschedule 48 hours before your appointment with no additional deposit or penalty. Your deposit will be applied to your service fees the day of your appointment. The remainder of your payment is due during check-in on the day of your appointment. If you give us less than 48 hours notice before you cancel/reschedule or no call/no show, you will lose your deposit.
Please note we are currently scheduling spay or neuter surgeries for two months out.
Online Scheduling Notes
- Fields with an asterisk (*) are required and must be filled in order to submit your request.
- You may request up to 2 appointments per day. If you have more than 2 pets you will need to submit another request for a different day.
- Dogs and cats must be at least 4 months old and Rabbits 6 months for males and 1 year for females.
- Pre-surgical bloodwork is required, at an additional cost, within 1 month of your appointment for dogs 8 years and cats 10 years and older.
- We require Von Willebrand Factor (blood test) for Doberman Pinschers prior to surgery (at an additional cost).
- We do not accept Brachycephalic dogs or cats.
- Dogs should be current on their DHPP vaccine and Cats their FVRCP vaccine. We recommend having proof ready to upload when requesting your appointment.
- If your pet has any medical conditions or is taking medications other than preventatives, please explain in the notes sections on Step 3 of your appointment request.
Spaying and neutering is the key to solving many of your animal’s health and behavior problems and is the most effective way to stop the tragedy of pet overpopulation in San Mateo County. Trained staff in our donor-supported clinic — located at the north end of our shelter (12 Airport Blvd.) — perform spay and neuter surgeries on every animal adopted from PHS/SPCA, and provide low-cost surgeries for members of the public and their animals. Appointments are necessary.
Animals are admitted between 7 am and 8:30 am and discharged between 4 pm and 5:30 pm. Clinic hours are Monday-Friday from 7 am-12 noon, and 1 pm – 6 pm. To make an appointment, please click the button above to schedule an appointment.
You are welcome to pay the minimum PHS/SPCA fee, however, any additional amount you can pay toward the actual cost of the surgery will greatly benefit the shelter animals. We charge additional fees for animals who are pregnant or obese or those who have had a cesarean because they require more time and medical supplies.
|Dogs*||under 30 lbs||$115|
|100+||We cannot provide services for any pet over 100lbs.|
|Inguinal Cryptorchid*||Cats for one is $15; for both is $30
Dogs for one is $30; for both is $50
|Umbilical Hernia (Cat)*||$40|
|Umbilical Hernia (Dog)*||$60|
|Dogs*||under 30 lbs||$125|
|100+ lbs||We cannot provide services for any pet over 100lbs.|
|Umbilical Hernia (Cat)*||$25|
|Umbilical Hernia (Dog)*||$50|
|Catheters for female dogs (as necessary)||$25|
|Deciduous teeth||$15 each|
|Ear mite medication||$20|
|Vaccines (FeLV, DHPP, FVRCP, Rabies)||$15 each|
|Pre-surgical lab work (as necessary)||$120|
|Von Willebrand Factor (Doberman Pinscher)||$160|
|Subcutaneous Fluids (as necessary)||$15|
*In addition to spay or neuter fee
**Other Services are available only in conjunction with spay or neuter surgery and are not stand-alone services.
Fees subject to change.