Pet Food Bank
Serving as a safety net for people and their pets in San Mateo County, Peninsula Humane Society & SPCA’s pet food bank helps pet owners feed their pets. We are committed to keeping more pets and families together by providing this service to low-income county residents. Participants must register in advance and will self-certify that they are low-income and/or experiencing financial hardship. We will not be requiring income or health verification, but we do hope people will be honest and not access the food bank unless needed. The food bank occurs the second Friday of each month in Burlingame.
To receive pet food, applicants must:
- Be a resident of San Mateo County and experiencing financial hardship.
- Agree to use the food bank for personal companion animals in need.
- Agree to provide address verification and attend the food bank in person.
- Agree to not to sell, give away, or return to a store any pet food or supplies received through the pet food bank.
- Understand that food is donated to PHS/SPCA, and the same brand or type of pet food cannot be guaranteed each month.
- Enroll no more than three pets per household and agree not to add pets after enrollment.
The food bank is currently at capacity. Please add your name to the waitlist (here) and you will be contacted when space becomes available.
To donate to the food bank please drop off unopened pet food and litter to either shelter location during normal business hours. We are unable to accept prescription (Rx) pet food prescribed by a veterinarian since we are unable to dispense this type of food to our food bank members.
If you have any questions about the pet food bank or the type of food we can accept, please email Brian Probst at [email protected].